We know the incredible value of reading at home. This packet includes resources to include in a take-home book pouch or folder.
1. Parent letter that briefly describe the plan for take-home books
2. Comprehension question chart for fiction books
3. Comprehension question chart for nonfiction books
4. Bookshelf challenge reading log
5. Smiley face reading log
6. J.K. Rowling reading quote poster (a little something extra!)
The comprehension question posters include 12 open-ended questions that will work with most fiction and nonfiction books. They require students to think beyond the text or think creatively about the text. It is often difficult for parents to know the depth of questions that young children are able to answer. These prompts will help make their conversations deeper. (...even when discussing very simple texts!)
The "Bookshelf Challenge" reading log invites students and parents to record the title of the books they read on a book in the bookshelf. They then color the book based on their opinion of the book - according to the emoji color code!
If you prefer to use a more conventional reading log, one is also included (with emoji rating too!).
I truly hope that this resource helps improve your students' take-home book experience!
Have a great school year!!