I’m Rocking My Reading Take Home Reading Envelopes are a highly colorful, motivating reading supplemental material. They would be especially beneficial for teachers that send home individual reading texts periodically.
The Take Home Reading Envelopes and text will:
- invite parents to observe the continuing growth of their child’s reading
- allow parents to demonstrate the excitement they feel regarding their child’s accomplishments
- invite parent and child to discuss the text in a one-on –one setting
- develop a strong connection between reading at school and reading at home
- Parent letter explaining the tool (asks students to track with their finger)
- Parent letter explaining the tool (does not ask students to track with their finger)
- Cover page (developed in four colors) that needs to be adhered to large envelopes and laminated
- Directions regarding how to make the reading envelope
- A parent log that asks parents to jot a positive note regarding
their child’s progress after each reading
- Postcard size notes that invite teachers to jot a quick note to
parents regarding a student’s progress
These Take Home Reading Envelopes have been child approved and teacher tested and therefore receive the KT’s Seal of Approval.