How it works:
1. Each name starts on the green Intro bar at the beginning of each day.
2. Set a time that you will use for “normal” bed time. We usually do 8:30 lights out so we picked 8:00 so that the extra 30 minutes earned for video time wouldn’t cause bed time to be pushed back.
3. Your child will be striving to earn movie/video game time each night. By doing so they want to make “good” choices so that you can tell them to move up their ticket one bar Once your child reaches “bed time” you will have them look to see where their name ticket is and they will do what the bar says. Throughout the day you may catch your child making choices that need a consequence this is where the lower bars come in. You will decide how many chances they get but in our home it’s the first time you’re told or you move your ticket. Don’t be surprised if the tickets move up and down all day. The focus is not on the fact they are making wrong decisions but mostly that they can change their behavior and earn rewards.
4. As a twist I have added a little something extra. This is where the envelopes and extra tickets come in to play. At the end of the day (8pm for us) each child who is found on the Oscar Winning bar not only gets movie/video game time but he/she also gets to place a ticket in an envelope marked with their name.
5. Once the envelope reaches 7 tickets (you may choose the amount & and prize) the child with the most tickets gets to rent a movie. Once they receive 30 tickets we will take that child to see a movie in the theater.