A cute, short story that can be used at the end of an Orton-Gillingham lesson. This is a beginning level 2 story that works on the phonogram as long e. This story also comes with a brief comprehension worksheet to supplement the story.
How to incorporate this story into an OG lesson:
1. Preview any underlined words in the story with the student.
2. To add more of a multi sensory component, have the student "code" the words with as long e by underlining, circling, or highlighting the word.
3. The student should read a few sentences to him/herself quietly, and then aloud for fluency while pointing.
4. Use error-handling strategies to correct the student's accuracy.
5. Orally ask the student comprehension questions throughout the story.
6. OPTIONAL: When the child has finished reading, they can use the handout to answer comprehension questions.