Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - SH is designed to help your students generalize the SH sound to spontaneous conversation by using structured conversation topics. This set contains cards to practice the voiced and unvoiced SH sounds in the initial, medial and final positions (9-10 cards per position) and 10 cards targeting SH in mixed positions.
Each set contains 39 conversation starter cards, instructions for use and a Helpful Hints sheet for professionals and parents. Cards are to be sent home in Chinese food takeout containers (purchased by you at your local craft store) or in small boxes or envelopes. You can also print them on card stock, laminate, and bind them together with a ring for a great activity to "take out" of your pocket or bag on the run!
Each card either asks a question or instructs the student to tell about certain objects. Target words are highlighted in purple. The student takes out one card at a time from the box and reads the card, being careful to use the target sound correctly. The student then answers the question, again concentrating on saying the target words correctly.
The cards are meant to be a starting point for a conversation around a topic. Encourage the student to add more to the conversation by asking questions about the topic or sharing the student's opinion about or experience with the topic.
The parent or SLP using this activity should try to have the student use the target words as many times as possible in their responses for each card. Many of the cards instruct the reader to start or end with a particular phrase, but some do not. For the ones that do not, try to suggest phrases or sentences to help facilitate more opportunities for target use.
Use this activity in your treatment sessions, and then send it home for homework. Kids and parents love it!
Love these? Check out my store for more card sets for other frequently targeted speech sounds. Look for:
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - BUNDLE
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - CH
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - L and L Blends
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - Mixed R
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - R-Blends
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - S
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - S-Blends
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - TH
• Take Out Topics for Articulation Carryover - Vocalic R
For your younger students
• Take Out Topics Jr. CVC and Bilabials
• Take Out Topics Jr. F and V
• Take Out Topics Jr. K and G
• Take Out Topics Jr. T and D
• Take Out Topics Jr. for Early Sound Articulation Carryover BUNDLE