All children need to learn about feelings and how to regulate them. This set includes materials to help teach children self-calming techniques that will empower them regulate their emotions and be better prepared to learn in class. This set is hand drawn and painted using watercolors. It includes diverse and inclusive images of children.
This set includes:
- A Feelings Chart in both color and black and white
- A Take a Break Reflection page in both color and black and white which uses restorative justice language
- Feelings Faces that children can use to draw about how they feel
- Take a Break Space Agreements to teach children about how to use the space
- Take a Break tickets for those students who need help regulating how often they use the space
- Photographs from a real classroom Take a Break Space
- A list of ideas for implementing a Take a Break space including suggested materials, how to set it up, how to introduce it, how to help children use it, and a book list of texts that teach about feelings, regulating emotions, and self care!