PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students can regulate their emotions and refocus with this calm down activity kit. Any student can use this kit when they need to calm down from anger, anxiety, or overwhelming feelings. By teaching students self regulation, you will cut down on the time you spend redirecting misbehavior. The calming kit includes a mood meter for assessing current emotional level. After using the counseling activities in the kit, students assess their mood again to decide if they are ready to return to the group.
Can be used by school counselors, classroom teachers, special education teachers, school psychologists, social workers, or any other educator who helps children with emotional regulation.
• Poster “Catch a Mindful Moment” - to hang up in your calm down corner
• Instruction Page “Catch a Mindful Moment” - Place in a binder to guide students through using the kit.
• Mood Ring Card - to be used with the mood meter for assessing emotions
• Mood Meter - to be used before and after mindful breaks to assess emotions
• 3 Dreamcatcher Mazes - to place in sheet protectors or laminate so that students can reuse them with dry erase markers. (each includes answer key)
• 24 "Catch Coping Skills” Cards to place on a key ring - include prompts for practicing mindful moments
• Catch my Feelings Page - to be placed in a sheet protector or laminated for students to reuse with dry erase markers. Includes multiple examples of feelings vocabulary words.
• Write my Feelings Page - to be placed in a sheet protector or laminated for students to reuse with dry erase markers.
• Color my Feelings Page - copy several pages and keep them in the kit with a box of colored pencils.
3 Bookmark design templates (5 to a page)
More Calm Down Corners: