Also included in
- Utah SEEd Kindergarten Bundle for the whole year! Covers all Utah SEEd standards for Kindergarten. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd?Complete units include:slide showsworksheets$45.00$52.80Save $7.80
- This Kindergarten Science Bundle addresses all NGSS standards for Kindergarten and covers a whole year of instruction. Save 20% on Kindergarten Science by purchasing these resources together. Includes:hands-on activitiesscience centerslesson plans worksheetsslide showsanswer keysLabs use easy to gat$47.40$55.80Save $8.40
In this kindergarten science unit, students will learn about how humans can do things to change the Earth and what they can do to take care of the Earth. Students will learn about recycling, carpooling, conserving water and energy. Aligned with NGSS K-ESS3-3 and Utah SEEd K.2.4
This resource includes:
- a little book for emergent readers
- slide shows
- sorting cards for science centers
- age-appropriate worksheets
NGSS K-ESS3-3. Communicate solutions that will reduce the impact of humans on the land, water, air, and/or other living things in the local environment.*
Utah SEEd standard K.2.4 Design and communicate a solution to address the effects that living things (plants and animals, including humans) experience while trying to survive in their surroundings. Define the problem by asking questions and gathering information, convey designs through sketches, drawings, or physical models, and compare designs. Emphasize students working from a plant, animal, or human perspective. Examples could include a plant growing to get more sunlight, a beaver building a dam, or humans caring for the Earth by reusing and recycling natural resources. (ESS3.C, ETS1.A, ETS1.B, ETS1.C)
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
If you have questions about my resources please contact me at email@example.com
Please see other resources for kindergarten science: