Are you ready for your students to read a delightful story between two brothers? One of my favorite stories is Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. I have created a 79 page literacy unit aligned to the Common Core standards to accompany this delightful book by Judy Blume. In this literacy unit you will find:
1. A Common Core Standards sheet
2. 30 page Student Literacy Workbook- This workbook includes vocabulary for each chapter of the story along with comprehension questions, and language activities. I have also created 2 vocabulary quizzes.
3. A Research Project- Students will have to create a travel brochure about New York City. I have included online sources to use with this project, research guide for students, and a rubric for grading.
4. 2 "Close" reads with an activity sheet for each "close" read
- Author biography
- History of New York City
5.16 pages of Vocabulary Activities that can be used in literacy stations or centers
- I Have/Who has
- Roll the Die game
6. Lapbook of Story Elements
- This lap book contains 7 fold -its. I have also included photos of the completed lap book.
*** Please download the 8 page preview to see a sample of what comes with this unit.****