Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing | Google Classroom Compatible| Distance Learning
Here's your comprehensive, PRINTABLE & DIGITAL novel unit for Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing - one that will have your students eager to begin reading each day! Seamlessly weave in critical reading skills and strategies as your students read, respond, and complete a wide-variety of activities. The user-friendly teacher guide makes prep and planning straight-forward and easy.
Skip the typical boring novel units, and implement one that encourages meaningful discussion and critical thinking without taking away from the joy of reading!
This novel unit is SO MUCH MORE than comprehension questions and vocabulary practice! It's interactive, collaborative, hands-on, and...FUN!
I've taken the guess-work out of how to deliver a rigorous novel unit and have crafted a series of done-for-you lessons that intentionally map out crucial reading skills that support each chapter in a natural and meaningful way.
HOW IT WORKS:
Each lesson has 3 components to help you structure your instruction effortlessly.
- - During this portion of the lesson you'll introduce important reading skills and strategies that students will be working on that day. You'll cover important vocabulary as well as check for comprehension from previous reading.
- - In this section students will read and engage with the text using a variety of activities and instructional formats. Students keep all their learning in one place using the student activity packet. Here they complete activities, journal their thoughts about their reading, and check for comprehension. Each lesson is unique and will keep things interesting for students! By the end of the unit, students will have learned several new reading skills that they practiced inside the text.
- - Bring students back together at the end of the lesson to review, share, and discuss what they have read.
- Detailed Teacher Guide with a unit overview, daily lesson plans, and details for end-of-unit projects. Find detailed information about student objectives, common core state standards for grades 3-5, needed materials, teacher preparation notes, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson.
- 47 anchor slides (provided in PowerPoint, PDF, or PGN image files) to help keep your lesson on track!
- 25+ pages of student activity sheets to go along with each daily lesson. (printable & digital)
- 20+ pages of comprehension and word work activity sheets to go along with each lesson(printable & digital)
- Colorful bulletin board set to help reinforce characters, events, and novel vocabulary
- Additional learning activities to go along with daily lessons including: "Meet the Author" article, student discussion prompt cards, setting mapping activity, writing responses, crafts, and more!
- 5 end-of-unit activities to wrap up your novel unit and leave students with a lasting impression!
- An audio recording of the first chapter to introduce the novel
- A student observation sheet to record information about student performance during the unit and to collect student data.
- A student bookmark to give to students to use during the unit.
SKILLS & STRATEGIES TAUGHT IN THIS UNIT
- What is realistic fiction?
- Main Ideas
- Character Relationships
- Sequencing of Events
- Thinking About Our Reading
- Character Perspective
- Small Group Discussion Skills
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Morgan M. 4th-6th grade teacher, says, My students are enjoying this resource so much! They have been so engaged in their learning with this resource and they are excited to learn and continue to ask what they will learn next. I have used this resource with multiple groups and have seen engaged and excited students time after time. I will continue to use this resource to help my students gain understanding in all kinds of skills that will help them in the future. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful resource!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ My Color-Coded Classroom, 4th grade teacher says, Terrific resource! I start 4th grade every year reading this book and this was such a time saver! Everything is done for you! The students loved the lapbook. It allowed me to check for understanding for each chapter - but they were having so much fun making it they didn't even notice! Thank you!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐- Emily F, 4th grade teacher says, I absolutely love this bundle! It has everything you need to get through this novel. My children are engaged and excited each day. I teach 4th graders in the classroom and remotely. This has been a lifesaver to have paper and digital access.
❤️MORE NOVEL UNITS TO LOVE