Can Peter learn to cope with his brat of a brother Fudge? Read about their hilarious antics in Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing with your young learners to find out!
This English novel study is designed specifically for use in the ESL/EFL classroom with Korean speaking young learners in mind. Meticulously crafted and easy to use for both teachers and students, this comprehensive booklet will absolutely enhance your teaching experience. It's classroom tested, and it works.
The essential novel for any child with a younger sibling!
Each of the 10 chapter units include:
- comprehension questions
about the story with space for students to answer in full sentences;
- a creative writing assignment
where students can express their opinions about topics related to the text;
- a vocabulary list with Korean translations
of key words to save on dictionary time and reduce confusion about meaning;
- a word search puzzle
for students to enjoy some quiet time to familiarize themselves with the vocabulary;
- a sequencing worksheet
where students can identify the different components of the story;
- a chapter quiz
so you can assess your students' comprehension of the text and vocabulary.
- discussion questions
where students can make connections between the world of the novel and their real lives; and
- a chapter project
where students can take a step beyond what goes on in the chapter.
There are also:
- a comic strip worksheet;
- a vocabulary list;
- a summarizer worksheet;
- an illustrator worksheet;
- a make your own word search puzzle worksheet;
- a whole book crossword puzzle
- a make your own crossword puzzle worksheet;
- a making predictions worksheet;
- a final test with answer key;
- a book cover project; and
- a book report assignment.
The best thing is that this novel study unit is still growing! Once purchased, all updates are FREE!
**************Also available in JAPANESE and SPANISH!**************
Try another novel study from The ESL Review:
- Nate the Great
- The Chocolate Touch
- Dinosaurs Before Dark
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus
- Cam Jansen – The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds
Follow The ESL Review on Facebook|Pinterest|Instagram|Twitter|Blog