Are you ready to have your students have meaningful discussions about text? This product is packed full of resources to help you get text conversations happening in your classroom!
Included in this product, you will receive:
- 4 pages of lesson ideas, including a possible lesson sequence
- Text Talkers expectations chart
- Text Talker sentence starters - 6 different posters to teach students connect ideas, ask questions, disagree respectfully, agree respectfully, & make positive comments (full size and 1/4 size posters available)
- Talking Sticks - create text talking sticks that students can hold up when they have meaningful comments to make (ideas for how to use them & real life example included)
- Be a Text Talker bookmarks to review expectations (color & bw included) - check these out for free here: Text Talkers Bookmark
- Text Talk Bingo - sentence starters for students to use as they have discussions with their group
- 3 sets of discussion task cards (picture books, chapter books, and non fiction texts) - 18 question cards in each set (color & bw) to help students produce meaningful conversations
I hope you love this product! Please check out the preview for a closer look!
If you need more ELA resources, you may want to check out my Writing Complete Sentences
unit or my Main Idea Mysteries