This tall tale unit is just what you need to teach tall tales! I've created both tall tale activities accompanied by a lap book project that your students will love, AND that can be used with any tall tale.
After teaching Tall Tales with my third graders for many years, it has become one of my favorite genres. I’m thrilled to offer my resources in a new lap book format. Keep in mind, these resources also work well in an interactive notebook too.
Here’s a brief overview:
• Directions on how to assemble a lap book are in a photo tutorial, along with all the materials you'll need. I tried to be very clear!
• I chose to focus this unit on the following skills: story elements and vocabulary of the tall tale genre, hyperbole, similes, analyzing characters and their unique traits and creative writing.
• The CCSS for grades 2-5 are included in my teacher letter.
• Some of my favorite graphic organizers are in this unit to use for character traits, including a character trait analysis graph. This is perfect for listening comprehension while reading tall tales aloud to students.
• The character trait discussion cards enhance vocabulary development, and help build greater utility and purpose.
• I’ve included the materials you’ll need to have your students write their own tall tale.
• You may wish to use the lap book as an ongoing unit organizer, or as a culminating project. There are many creative possibilities!
• The blank Tall Tale Story Elements Acrostic flap book works well with helping students solidify their thinking about the genre.
The NEWLY added Storybands are headbands are great for reader's theater performances, favorite character day, or a book report. They are normally sold separately in my store, but you'll get them for free!
Looking for more lap book resources? Click here:
Lap Book Resources
Purchases and freebies from my store are for a single user only. If you are looking to share, please purchase an additional, discounted license. All resources are for educational use only, and not for commercial use or resale in any form.
NOTE: THE BUYER IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO POST THIS RESOURCE ON AMAZON INSPIRE OR ANY OTHER WEB HOSTED SITE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
Questions or special requests before purchasing?
Feel free to send me a question or request via Q/A on TpT or email me at email@example.com
Please leave feedback on your purchases. If you have a concern, please contact me first before rating. Leaving feedback awards you credits towards future purchases.
How To Follow My Store
Just click the green star next to my name. You’ll be the first to hear about new products, freebies and sales!
Thank you so much for choosing my store for your classroom and homeschooling needs!
Emily Gibbons, The Literacy Nest
Find me on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest.
Follow my blog.