"Totally Tallies" is an activity packet designed to help students gain a better understanding of ways to represent numbers using tally marks.
This packet focuses on tallies up to 50 and includes a variety of activities and printables for use in cooperative groups, centers, Math stations, independent work, and assessment. It also includes writing templates for students to use in response to collected data.
Use this packet to help teach Common Core Math Standards 1.MD.4, 1.OA.5, and 1.OA.6.
This packet includes:
-"Listen Up!" - an activity on making tallies
- "On Your Mark...Get Set...Tally" - making tallies
- "Spill the Beans" - count and tally with writing response
- "On A Roll" - add dice, find tallies activity cards (4 cards)
- "Movin' & Matchin'" activity cards to cut / laminate (1 set in color and 1 set in black & white)
- Pet tally chart - interpret data on a chart, answer questions (includes answer key)
- "The Survey Says" - class poll about favorite ice cream topping and writing to interpret data from survey
- Class poll, "Did You Like the Read-Aloud Story?" and writing follow-up to interpret data
- Also included are ideas on how to use activities in your class
Activities in this packet are great for small groups, math centers, hands-on learning, and informal assessment.
Be the first to know when I’ve added new products to my store and when I’m having a SALE ~ Click “Follow Me” to follow my TPT store.
Visit my blog at http://www.crazycrittercafe.blogspot.com for more teaching ideas and freebies!