The Tang and Song Dynasties are a great unit of study in Chinese history. I think it launches a lot of room for discussion, comparison, and critical thinking about how to best manage an empire in a difficult world.
There is a historical overview, summarized into brief and interesting paragraphs, with images and bullet points for quick access and an overview of the unit. There are details about Tang, Song, dynastic characteristics, philosophy, and strengths.
There are sections of reading, comparison, suggestions to compare and contrast, and an essay prompt where students rank ideas, accomplishments, and then compare the two empires. This can be a standalone resource, or additional sources can be consulted. You can use as little or as much of this packet as you like or find useful. These Middle School materials can be used over 2-4 hours of class time. There are review questions for students to check their understanding of the material as well.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Chamption
And whether you buy or not, enjoy a free acoustic song, free from me! "Laddering" Unplugged