This is a worksheet that students use with manipulatives. Students have to cut out and have the shapes along side them as they work to answer and figure out these questions:
Use separate pieces of paper to trace your solutions on.
1. Name all the tangram pieces.
2. How many ways can you make a square with the tangram pieces?
3. How many ways can you make a rectangle with the tangram pieces?
4. Can you make a square without using any triangles?
5. Make a square using all 7 pieces.
6. Make a trapezoid without using the square piece.
7. Make a rectangle that is not a square and uses all 7 pieces.