Fundations® level 1 unit 3 compatible activities to support the second edition Fundations® program are here! Recently updated to include more! Click the green preview button above to see what's inside.
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, activities and printables that can support unit 3 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit introduces tapping words with digraphs with short vowel words. This pack also includes work with scooping, story elements, trick words, nonsense words, comprehension, and statements versus questions. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes...
* 2 activity sheets for tapping words (answer keys are included).
* 2 activity sheets segmenting words and showing comprehension through drawing.
* 3 activity sheets identifying the digraph sound in a set of images.
* 2 activity sheets making words with each short vowel and then identifying real words.
* 1 page making sentences by unscrambling a set of trick and decodable words.
* 1 page to make change in one sound of a word to create a new word.
* 4 different sorts with answer keys. One sort of pictures practicing ch versus sh sounds, one sort with all 5 digraphs. One sort with real versus nonsense words and one sort for students to identify statements versus questions (answer keys included for all).
* 2 pages of practice marking up words and coloring a set of cards yellow or pink depending on their type of sound (vowels, consonants, or digraphs (answer keys included).
* 1 activity sheet practicing reading/tapping real words vs. nonsense words and writing a sentence with a real word.
* 3 activity sheets circling the correct spelling of a word when given choices with common errors (answer key included).
* 4 activity sheets to practice unit trick words (answer keys included). Help kids practice reading, context clues and trick word spelling all in one.
* 2 Roll and Write game boards for practicing unit trick words.
* 2 activity sheets for practicing scooping sentences (answer keys included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - This set of flash cards are unit words (all verbs) to grow student vocabulary or practice reading words. You might also laminate the cards and use them in the word of the day work or as quick read flash cards at the end of the unit.
* One page showing comprehension of a set of sentences through drawing.
* Story Elements Templates for teaching and for student practice - Character, setting and main events to go with the unit story. I laminate these and use dry erase marker on them for every unit of Fundations®. They are also great for simple story retelling in general.
* A list of digraph words to practice reading, for quick teacher reference, or however you see fit.
You can also purchase units 1, 2, and 3 for level 1 Fundations support through my Tap It Out units at a discounted bundle price here:
Tap It Out Units 1-3 Discount Bundle (Level 1)
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
If you teach Kindergarten you might like my Fundations® aligned level K units here:
Tap It Out for Kindergarten
If you teach second graders or want worksheets to support students working above the level 1 program please check out my level 2 bundle here:
Tap It Out for Level 2
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page and leave feedback when you feel ready.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.