Fundations® Unit 10 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts which can support unit 10 of the level 2 Fundations word study program. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
Thank you for all of the kind feedback on my previous units! This unit works on the vowel teams ai and ay, homophones, and a variety of skills from previous units. I also have a discounted bundle pack of units 7, 8, and 9 now available. Please see the link below the unit description.
This pack includes...
* Word Segmenting - one page of word segmenting practice breaking words into "taps" or isolated sounds (answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match - one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (answer key included).
* Homophone Sentences - one page to complete a set of sentences with homophones using the context to help (answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling - one page for students to work on identifying the spelling that looks right using ai or a-e (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Roll and Write Trick Words - two game boards with unit trick words and 3 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice. One game board with all six unit words. One sentence writing page which can be copied onto the back of any roll and write for fast finishers to use to write sentences with their trick words.
* Number of Syllables - one page identifying the number of syllables in a given set of words (answer key included).
* Try It Out - one page of practice with seeing which long a pattern looks right in a given set of words (See thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Explain It - two activity pages for students to explain in their own words the double vowel syllable rule and what a homophone is. Great for higher level students (answer key included).
* Spell the Picture - one page for spelling out ai and ay words given a set of pictures (answer key included).
* Keyword Challenge - four different challenge pages for high students to see what they have internalized. Students try to name every keyword from the program for a given set of sounds (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Sorts - one sort with ai versus ay sound pictures to group and one sort with a words that have short vowel, long vowel, and r controlled vowel sounds (answer keys included). There is also a sentence writing page which you might copy onto the back of the sort board for fast finishers to write sentences on.
* Mark It Up - one worksheet with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Vowel Team Reading Pages - two pages of straight reading practice lists of words with ai and ay vowel combinations. Great for struggling students as a warm up or a quick reference list for teachers.
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Spelling Procedure Sheet - two versions of the spelling procedure introduced in unit 6. Students can use this in word study or in writing workshop. Help students begin to see the spelling that looks right after two or three attempts.
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - two practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Word Puzzle - one page of riddles for students to solve using a given word bank to choose from (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a group of words on flash cards to be used to develop student verb vocabulary from this unit. You might laminate these and use them as a set of word of the day cards too.
If you would like to buy units 10, 11, and 12 at a DISCOUNTED PRICE try my Tap It Out bundle. Click here:
Tap It Out Units 10, 11, and 12 Level 2 Bundle Pack
You can also purchase units 7, 8, and 9 at a DISCOUNTED PRICE bundle. Click here for the link:
Fundations level 2 Units 7-9 BUNDLE PACK
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.