Fundations® Unit 12 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts which can support unit 12 of the level 2 Fundations word study program. It will also support any word study lessons on vowel teams (oi and oy). Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you.
This pack includes...
* Word Segmenting - one page of word segmenting practice breaking words into "taps" or isolated sounds (answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match - one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling - one page for students to work on identifying the spelling that looks right using oi, oy or overuse of vowel rules (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Roll and Write Trick Words - one game board with unit trick words and 3 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice. One sentence writing page which can be copied onto the back of any roll and write for fast finishers to use to write sentences with their trick words.
* Explain It - one activity page for students to explain in their own words the double vowel syllable rule. Great for higher level students (answer key included).
* Spell the Picture - one page for spelling out oi and oy words given a set of pictures (answer key included).
* Sorts - one sort with short o, long o, r controlled vowel, and vowel team words (answer keys included). There is also a sentence writing page which you might copy onto the back of the sort board for fast finishers to write sentences on.
* Mark It Up - one worksheet with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Vowel Team Reading Pages - one page of straight reading practice lists of words with oi and oy vowel combinations. Great for struggling students as a warm up or a quick reference list for teachers.
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Spelling Procedure Sheet - two versions of the spelling procedure introduced in unit 6. Students can use this in word study or in writing workshop. Help students begin to see the spelling that looks right after two or three attempts.
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - one practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Word Puzzle - one page of riddles for students to solve using a given word bank to choose from (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a group of words on flash cards to be used to develop student verb vocabulary from this unit. You might laminate these and use them as a set of word of the day cards too.
If you would like to buy units 10, 11, and 12 at a DISCOUNTED PRICE try my Tap It Out bundle. Click here:
Tap It Out Units 10, 11, and 12 Level 2 Bundle Pack
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.