Fundations® Unit 15 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts which can support unit 15 of the level 2 Fundations word study program. It will also support any word study lessons on vowel teams (oo as in school, oo as in book, ue as in blue, ue as in rescue, ou as in soup, and ew as in chew). Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you.
This pack includes...
* Word Segmenting - one page of word segmenting practice breaking words into "taps" or isolated sounds (answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match - one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling - two pages for students to work on identifying the spelling that looks right using ue, oo, ou or ew vowel teams (answer key included).
* Word Sort - two pages for students to sort a set of words in a word bank. Students rewrite the words into groups based off of sound patterns (answer key included).
* Roll and Write Trick Words - two game boards with unit trick words (one per week) and 3 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice. One game board with all six trick words for the unit and one sentence writing page which can be copied onto the back of any roll and write for fast finishers to use to write sentences with their trick words.
* Explain It - one activity page for students to explain in their own words the usage of final ck (or lack thereof in a word like book). Great for higher level students (answer key included).
* Spell the Picture - one page for spelling out ue, oo, ou words given a set of pictures (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Sorting Activity - one sort with picture cards to determine oo words that make the sound school versus book. vowel team sounds. (Answer key included - see thumbnail example of one set of the cards. This file includes a set of cards with the pictures labeled and set a cards with only the images).
* Vowel Team Reading Pages - one page of reading practice with lists of words with oo vowel combinations, one page with words with ue sounds, and one with mixed lists. Great for struggling students, as a warm up, or a quick reference list for teachers.
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Spelling Procedure Sheet - two versions of the spelling procedure introduced in unit 6. Students can use this in word study or in writing workshop. Help students begin to see the spelling that looks right after two or three attempts.
* Syllable Match - one page to match first and last syllable parts to make real words (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - two practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Word Puzzle - one page of riddles for students to solve using a given word bank to choose from (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a group of words on flash cards to be used to develop student verb vocabulary from this unit. You might laminate these and use them as a set of word of the day cards too.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.