Fundations® Unit 16 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of print and go worksheets which can support unit 16 of the level 2 Fundations word study program. It will also support any word study lessons on vowel teams (au as in August and aw as in saw). Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! If you have been using my other unit packs, the consistency of layout, activities, and variety should be familiar for your students and my hope is that it will help them feel empowered.
This pack includes...
* Word Segmenting - one page of word segmenting practice breaking words into "taps" or isolated sounds (answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match - one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling - one page for students to work on identifying the spelling that looks right using au, aw, and some review vowel teams (answer key included).
* Roll and Write Trick Words - one game board with unit trick words and 2 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice. There is also one sentence writing page which can be copied onto the back of the roll and write board for fast finishers to use to write sentences with their trick words.
* Spell the Picture - one page for spelling au and aw words given a set of pictures. This page also has students unscramble letters to make real double vowel words (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Sorting Activity - one sort with picture cards to determine vowel team words (au/aw vs. ue/ew vs. oe/ow). Answer key included.
* Vowel Team Reading Pages - one page of reading practice with lists of words with au and aw vowel combinations. Great for struggling students, as a warm up, or a quick reference list for teachers.
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Spelling Procedure Sheet - two versions of the spelling procedure introduced in unit 6. Students can use this in word study or in writing workshop. Help students begin to see the spelling that looks right after two or three attempts.
* Syllable Match - two pages to match first and last syllable parts to make real words, as well as, identify the number of syllables in a set of words (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - one practice page completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Days and Months Trick Word Spelling Review Practice Sheets - help your students review the spelling of trick words from previous units by writing out the days of the week and months of the year a series of times (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Try It Two Ways - one page to practice spelling words with the au/aw pattern by writing the word out each way and then circling the word that looks right. This activity includes two options - one with no word parts and one with only the au and aw missing. Choose the version that best supports your spellers (answer key included).
* Word Puzzle - one page of riddles for students to solve using a given word bank to choose from (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a group of words on flash cards to be used to develop student verb vocabulary from this unit. You might laminate these and use them as a set of word of the day cards too.
If you like what you see please consider checking out my units 13-15 here:
Tap It Out Level 2 Units 13-15
Here is a link to the next unit - level 2 Unit 17!
Tap It Out L2 Unit 17
You may also be interested in purchasing the YEAR LONG bundle of all 17 units at a discounted price. This bundle saves you over $20 if buying individual units.
Tap It Out Level 2 Year Long Bundle
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.