Fundations® Unit 17 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of print and go worksheets which can support unit 17 of the level 2 Fundations word study program. This unit introduces the sixth syllable type the final LE. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! If you have been using my other unit packs, the consistency of layout, activities, and variety should be familiar for your students and my hope is that it will help them feel empowered.
This pack includes...
* Explain It - one activity for students to explain the consonant -le final syllable rules in their own words. Great for challenging high students (answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match - one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling - one page for students to work on identifying the spelling that looks right (answer key included).
* Roll and Write Trick Words - one game board with unit trick words and 3 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice. There is also one sentence writing page which can be copied onto the back of the roll and write board for fast finishers to use to write sentences with their trick words.
* Spell the Picture - two pages for spelling final -le words when given a set of pictures. This page also has students identify syllable parts of words and name their syllable type (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Round the Room Syllable Type Hunt - let students review all six syllable types taught in the program as they hunt the classroom or a set of books for examples of words with each syllable.
* Baseword and Suffix S Spelling Practice - one page for students to practice spelling unit words and then writing them with the suffix (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Baseword and Suffix S Context Practice - one page for students to practice using unit words with and without s in a set of sentences (answer key included).
* Sorting Activity - one sort with picture cards to determine syllable types (r-controlled, final -le, and double vowel). Answer key included.
* Word Sort - students identify unit words by syllable type (open vs. closed).
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Syllable Match - one page to match first and last syllable parts to make real words, as well as, identify the number of syllables in a set of words (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - one practice page completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Word Puzzle - one page of riddles for students to solve using a given word bank to choose from (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a group of words on flash cards to be used to develop student verb vocabulary from this unit. You might laminate these and use them as a set of word of the day cards too.
This pack is part of a year long level 2 BUNDLE which will be released by the end of May 2017. If you are interested in getting a consistent, print and go, Fundations® aligned product please follow my page and check page in the coming weeks for the discounted product.
If you are just discovering my packs at the end of the school year you can find the link to unit 16 here: Tap It Out Level 2 Unit 16
If you like what you see please consider checking out my units 13-15 here:
Tap It Out Level 2 Units 13-15
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.