Fundations Unit 5 level 2
Activity pack to support Fundations second edition.
Here is the an activity pack to support the level 2 Fundations program for unit 5 (second edition). This unit focuses on suffixes and multisyllabic words. In addition, you will find practice with marking up words, trick words, vowel teams, and scooping sentences.
These activities can be used anyway that you best see fit for your students. This includes whole class work, homework, small group work, center activities, differentiation, etc. I hope that they will support your students in a number of ways, as well as, save you lots of time!
Here are the activities included in this pack (answer keys included for all activities except Roll and Write).
* 1 page of practicing scooping sentences.
* 3 Roll and Write trick word pages (2 with the words from each week and then spaces for students to fill in previous unit words that they feel they need support with. The third board includes all unit trick words on one board. I hope this leaves a lot of flexibility to your planning).
* 1 page for identifying the number of syllables in a word based off of the picture.
* 2 worksheets for matching syllable parts to make real words. Students then write each word that they made.
* 1 worksheet for identifying base words and suffixes within words. This includes new suffixes from unit 5, as well as, previously taught suffixes).
* 2 activity sheets for practicing trick words in context (see thumbnail example).
* 2 practice pages for marking up words as per the Fundations program. This includes finding short vowels, glued sounds, digraphs, blends, syllable parts.
* 1 Vowel Reading Page - practice reading words with the vowel teams au vs. aw.
* 1 word bank sort identifying words with 1, 2, and 3 syllables.
* 1 practice sheet identifying the parts of a two syllable word and writing the word syllable by syllable (see thumbnail example).
* 2 sorts - 1 sort with pictures of words with 1 or 2 syllables and 1 sort with words that have vowel or consonant suffixes.
* 4 Explain It pages where students explain a given rule in spelling or grammar. These include compound words, prefixes, and 4 mini pages that have students mark the syllables of given words and explain how they knew to divide the syllable in that place (see thumbnail example for one of these).
This unit is also available in a BUNDLE of units 4, 5, and 6 at a discounted price. Here is the link.
Tap It Out Units 4, 5, and 6
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.