Fundations Unit 6 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations program
Here is the next activity pack to support the unit 6 level 2 Fundations program (second edition).
Thank you for all of the kind feedback on my previous units! This unit works on long vowel sounds with the v-e pattern, multisyllabic words with this pattern, the v-e exception rule, and a variety of other skills.
These activities can be used anyway that you best see fit for your students. This includes whole class work, homework, small group work, center activities, differentiation, etc. I hope that they will support your students in a number of ways, as well as, save you lots of time!
The pack includes
* Baseword/Suffix-one worksheet where students underline and circle the parts of words (answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match-one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (see thumbnail example-answer key included).
* Make it Plural-one page turning v-e basewords into their plural and then drawing each plural word to show comprehension (answer key included).
* 2 Short/Long vowel (v-e) reading list pages. Use these to reinforce how the final e changes cvc words. Great for warm-ups, small group practice, or as a resource for instruction.
* Roll and Write Trick Words - four game boards including one board with all six unit trick words, two boards each of trick words by week and 3 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice, and one board with the level 1 trick words recommended to be practiced during unit 6.
* Context clues-one worksheet using the context of given examples and either short or long vowel words to complete each sentence (answer key included).
* Spell the Picture-two practice pages writing v-e words and plural words (see thumbnail example-answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling-one worksheet identifying the correct spelling from a series of choices with common errors (answer key included).
* Number of Taps-one page identifying the number of taps in a given set of words (answer key included).
* Explain It-three activity pages for students to show an example of important spelling rules introduced in this unit and then explain in sentences what the rule is. These include v-e, v-e exception, and closed vowel exception (answer keys included).
* Sorts-one sort grouping short and long vowel words based off of picture cards and one sort grouping v-e and v-e exception words (answer keys included).
* Mark It Up-two worksheets with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Scoop It-one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Spelling Procedure Sheet-two versions of the spelling procedure introduced in this unit. Students can use this in word study or in writing workshop. Help students begin to see the spelling that looks right after two or three attempts (see thumbnail example).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets-two practice pages (week one/week two) completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
This unit is also available for a discounted price as a BUNDLE of units 4, 5, and 6. Here is the link.
Tap It Out Units 4, 5, and 6
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.