Fundations® Unit 7 level 2 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts which can support unit 7 of the level 2 Fundations word study program. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
Thank you for all of the kind feedback on my previous units! This unit works on open syllables, the final y acting as a vowel sound e or i, y as a suffix (chilly), and a variety of other skills from this unit and in previous units. If you are interested in the units 7, 8, and 9 bundle see link below the pack description.
The pack includes
* Baseword/Suffix-one worksheet where students underline and circle the parts of words (answer key included).
* Syllable Parts - three worksheets (one for each week) for students to break up given words into their syllable parts (see thumbnail example-answer key included).
* Syllable Marker Match-one activity page identifying words from groups based off of their syllable types (answer key included).
* Roll and Write Trick Words - five game boards including two boards with unit trick words and three boards of trick words by week with 3 blank spaces for students to fill in trick words they feel they need to practice.
* Spell the Picture-one practice page using a picture to spell a word into its syllable parts (answer key included).
* Number of Syllables - three pages identifying the number of syllables in a given set of words (answer key included).
* Explain It - four activity pages for students to show an example of important spelling rules introduced in this unit and then explain in sentences what the rule is. These include open or closed syllable words and why the final y is making a particular vowel sound (answer keys included).
* Sorts-one sort grouping open and closed syllable words and one sort grouping words with final y that sound like i or e (answer keys included).
* Mark It Up-two worksheets with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Scoop It-one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Spelling Procedure Sheet-two versions of the spelling procedure introduced in this unit. Students can use this in word study or in writing workshop. Help students begin to see the spelling that looks right after two or three attempts. This was introduced in Unit 6.
* Trick Word Practice Sheets-three practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Add a Suffix - one worksheet for students to add y, ly, or ty as a suffix to make a real word (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Word Puzzle - one page of riddles for students to solve using a given word bank to choose from (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a group of words on flash card like cards to be used to develop student verb vocabulary from this unit. You might laminate these and use them as a set of word of the day cards too.
You can also purchase units 7, 8, and 9 at a DISCOUNTED PRICE bundle. Click here for the link:
Tap It Out Bundle Units 7, 8, and 9
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.