Fundations® Unit 1 level K compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program for the Kindergarten level
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and picture cards that can support unit 1 of the level K Fundations word study program. This unit works on letter sounds, lowercase letter formation, rhyming, initial and final sounds, and more. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit. It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you! Answer keys are provided for most worksheets if you choose to leave pages for a sub or for independent students to self check. I have also labeled most pages with a footer that notes which week you can use the worksheet (either during that week or to review after that week). This helps to organize the activities.
This Tap It Out pack includes...
* 1 cut and glue worksheet for students to identify each of the lines using a picture of the sky, plane, grass, and worm (answer key included).
* 3 pages for students to show how to form each of the lowercase letters and identify the place to start each letter on the lines (answer key included).
* 1 page for students to show end of unit understanding of the different kinds of letters (sky line letters, plane line round letters, etc.) This is great for advanced students and end of unit assessment (answer key included).
* 3 pages for students to practice filling in missing letters from the alphabet or completing the alphabet.
* One sort of lowercase letters where students determine if the letter is a letter that reaches the sky line or the worm line.
* One ABC card sort for students to put all 26 letters in order. Students can order and glue the cards or alternatively you can be print these on different color paper and laminate them for a center.
* 2 pages for student to match pictures of words that rhyme (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* A set of 52 picture cards with 2 pictures for each letter of the alphabet. Use these cards to engage students as they identify the initial sounds, match cards, practice syllables, etc. I have included a list of activity ideas with the cards and a list of all words to avoid confusion.
* 5 pages of practice with initial sounds. Students are given a picture and write the initial sound on the lines beside each one (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* 2 pages of practice with final sounds. Students are given a picture with the first two sounds included. Their task is to fill in the final sound for each word (answer key included).
* One sort for students to identify statements versus questions (answer key included).
* One sort for students to practice rhyming words. Students get 9 picture cards and sort them into groups that rhyme with bat, stop, and pig (answer key included).
* One picture sort for students to identify and group words that are one syllable versus two syllables (answer key included).
I also create products to support the level 1 and level 2 programs if you work with students on more than one grade level.
You can find units 1, 2, and 3 for level 1 Fundations through my Tap It Out units at a discounted bundle price here:
Tap It Out Units 1-3 Discount Bundle (Level 1)
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps save you time!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I post for future level K units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.