Fundations® Unit 2 level K compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program for the Kindergarten level
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, word cards, and word lists that can support unit 2 of the level K Fundations word study program. This unit works on letter sounds, building cvc words, upper-case letter formation, middle short vowel sounds, and more. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit. It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you! Answer keys are provided for most worksheets if you choose to leave pages for a sub or for independent students to self check. I have also labeled most pages with a footer that notes which week you can use the worksheet (either during that week or to review after that week). This helps to organize the activities.
This Tap It Out pack includes...
* 3 picture card sorts for the short vowel sounds. One sort includes e vs. i words, one sort includes o vs. u words, and one sort includes all 5 short vowel sounds.
* 3 pages of practice with initial sounds. Students are given a picture and write the initial sound on the line. In this unit 2 activity students are to practice writing the upper-case and the lowercase formation for each initial sound.
* 2 pages of practice with middle short vowel sounds. Students are given a picture with the first and last sound included. Their task is to fill in the middle sound for each word (answer key included).
* 4 pages for building words when given a picture. Give students a chance to show you how they tap and identify each letter sound in a cvc word (answer key included-see thumbnail example).
* 2 pages for students to segment a cvc word into its parts and then draw picture of the word to show quick comprehension (see thumbnail example).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - a set of 57 word cards from the unit. Print and use these for reading practice, to drill, as part of a whole class sort (words with certain vowels or words with final sounds). Use them however you see fit.
* CVC word reading lists - one page for each short vowel (20 words per list) to practice reading words with the same middle sound. Also included is one page with all 5 short vowels. I have used these for small group reading practice, warm-ups, tapping rehearsal and more.
* Letter Formation Check - 2 pages of upper-case and lowercase letters written on a set of lines and students circle the letters that are formed correctly (see thumbnail example).
* Alphabetical Order Challenge - one activity for students to identify a set of letters from the alphabet and determine if they are in ABC order or not. This is great for early finishers or a challenge group (answer key included).
If you are interested in buying units 1, 2, and 3 for level K at a discounted bundle price please click here:
Tap It Out Level K Units 1, 2,and 3
I also create products to support the level 1 and level 2 programs if you work with students on more than one grade level.
You can find units 1, 2, and 3 for level 1 Fundations through my Tap It Out units at a discounted bundle price here:
Tap It Out Units 1-3 Discount Bundle (Level 1)
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps save you time!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I post for future level K units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.