Fundations unit 1 level 2 compatible
This pack includes a variety of activities to support the skills practiced in Fundations® Unit 1 of the level 2 (second edition) program. This pack includes practice with review concepts such as digraphs, blends, digraph blends, short vowels, c/k/ck, and other skills from the unit.
Included are practice worksheets covering the review trick words, tapping word parts, marking up words, spelling words, scooping sentences, explaining concepts, word/picture sorts and activity sheets for building words. I have used these as reinforcement, as well as, extension activities for both strugglers and high achievers. Please note that in the footer of each activity I have noted which week the activity can be used. For example, Level 2 Unit 1 week 2 should only be used during or after the second week of the unit. I hope this helps a bit with your planning.
This Unit 1 pack includes:
* Flash cards for all 93 trick words from the level 1 Fundations® program. These are reviewed throughout the first units of the level 2 program and now you have your own deck to use as you see fit for your students.
* 2 activity sheets for practicing marking up words. One of these includes marking up words and then identifying words with closed syllables. The other reviews marking up and identifying real versus nonsense words. (See thumbnail example - Answer key included).
* 2 activity sheets tapping out the sounds of a word into separate parts. (Answer key included).
* 3 activity sheets identifying the correct spelling of a given word against common spelling errors. One page focuses on digraphs, one on short vowels and one on the use of c,k, or ck. (See thumbnail for an example - Answer key included).
* 3 activity pages for students to practice segmenting words into parts and then drawing an example of each word (Answer key included).
* 1 practice sheet to practice identifying word parts by color (as used in Fundations®). See thumbnail of the answer key for this activity above.
* 2 activity sheets for identifying the number of taps in a given set of words - up to 5 taps (Answer keys included).
* 2 activity sheets called "Explain It" in which students have to explain in sentences the rules around a given word. This is a great challenge for high achievers.
* A student picture sorting activity identifying digraph sounds - ch,sh, th,wh,ck. (Answer key included).
* A student sorting activity identifying words with digraphs, words with blends, and words with digraph blends. (Answer key included).
* 1 Roll and Write Game board for practicing review trick words covered in this unit.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences (answer key included).
You can also get this unit pack in a bundle with units 2 and 3 for a discounted price. Click here for the link:
Tap It Out Level 2 Units 1, 2, and 3 Bundle Pack
If you work with students in the level 1 Fundations® program you might also want to check out my store for units 1-13. They are my best sellers!
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it saves you some time! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.