Fundations® Unit 10 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts that can support unit 10 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit works on segmenting and blending words with up to 5 sounds, the suffix ed and ing and reading vowel teams such as oa, oe, ue, etc. It also covers unit trick words, scooping, comprehension, and marking up. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes…
* Roll and Write Trick Words - two game boards with unit trick words and review words.
* Number of Taps - three pages figuring out the number of taps in given words (answer key included).
* Word Bank Sort - one page sorting a given set of words with one, two or three letter blends (answer key included).
* Sorts - one sort to determine tap words versus trick words. One sort with initial and final blend sorts and one sort with pictures for the tricky tr versus dr sounds (answer keys included).
* Color and Mark - two pages coloring in a set of letter cards to identify sound types and then practicing marking up words (answer keys included).
* Tap It Out - two pages with practice tapping out the sounds of a set of pictures (answer key included).
* Vowel Team Reading Pages - four pages of straight reading practice lists of words with vowel team such as oa, oe, oo, ue, ew, etc. Great for struggling students as a warm up or a quick reference list for teachers.
* Suffix Ending - one page adding the ed and ing suffix to a given word based off of the context of a sentence (answer key included).
* Circle the Spelling - one page circling the spelling for a set of words (answer key included).
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - three practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Story Elements graphic organizer mini charts for teachers – characters, setting, and main events. One set includes greater picture/definition supports. I laminate mine and use them again and again to support Common Core Reading Literature Standards 2 and 3.
* Story Elements single page graphic organizers for kids to practice with. Use with any text.
* Comprehension Check – one page for students to draw what they understand from a sentence. This supports envisioning, vocabulary, and reinforces unit skills.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.