Fundations® Unit 11 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts that can support unit 11 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit works on the multi syllable words with two closed syllables and v-e syllables. It also covers compound words, syllable division, unit trick words, scooping, comprehension, and marking up. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes…
* Draw a word - one page to make a set of words into plural words and then draw a picture of each to show understanding.
* Roll and Write Trick Words - one game board with unit trick words and review words.
* Explain It – one activity page for students to explain in their own words the v-e rule. Great for higher level students (answer key included).
* Spell the Picture - two pages for students to practice spelling v-e words and marking them up (answer keys included).
* Context Clues - one page completing sentences with a given pair of words such as kit or kite based on context clues (answer key included).
* Word Hunts - two activities for students to search the room, search texts, or work in a partner or group to come up with as many words as possible that fit a given rule. In this pack they hunt for words with short vowels versus vowel-consonant-e. They can also hunt for basewords and words that have a suffix (answer key included).
* Color the Cards - one page for students to segment a v-e word and then color each card based on the letter type (answer key included).
* Sorts - one sort to determine tap words versus trick words. One sort determining if a set of pictures have short or long vowel sounds (answer keys included).
* Vowel Team Reading Pages - two pages of straight reading practice lists of words with short and then long vowel sounds. For example, slid/slide, glob/globe, etc. Great for struggling students as a warm up or a quick reference list for teachers.
* Word Bank Sort - one page sorting a set of words by open, closed, and v-e syllables. One page that asks students to identify short vowel, long vowel, and glued sound words (answer key included).
* Number of Taps - one page for practicing the number of taps in a word. This is great for students struggling to segment (answer key included).
* Mark It Up - one worksheet with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - two practice pages completing sentences based off of context, as well as, seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Story Elements graphic organizer mini charts for teachers – characters, setting, and main events. One set includes greater picture/definition supports. I laminate mine and use them again and again to support Common Core Reading Literature Standards 2 and 3.
* Story Elements single page graphic organizers for kids to practice with. Use with any text.
* Comprehension Check – one page for students to draw what they understand from a sentence. This supports envisioning, vocabulary, and reinforces unit skills.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.