Fundations® Unit 12 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts that can support unit 12 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit works on the multi syllable words with two closed syllables and v-e syllables. It also covers compound words, syllable division, unit trick words, scooping, comprehension, and marking up. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes…
* Roll and Write Trick Words - one game board with unit trick words and review words.
* Explain It – two activity pages for students to explain in their own words how to split syllables. Great for higher level students (answer key included).
* Number of Syllables - one page writing down the number of syllables in given words (answer key included).
* Syllable Match - two pages matching first and last syllable parts to make real words and then writing the words (answer keys included).
* Word Bank Sort - one page sorting a given set of words into words with one short vowel syllable or one short and one long syllable (answer key included).
* Sorts - one sort to determine tap words versus trick words. One sort determining if words are one or two syllables (answer keys included).
* Picture/Syllable Parts - one page to spell a given picture into syllable parts (answer key included).
* Mark It Up - one worksheet with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - four practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Story Elements graphic organizer mini charts for teachers – characters, setting, and main events. One set includes greater picture/definition supports. I laminate mine and use them again and again to support Common Core Reading Literature Standards 2 and 3.
* Story Elements single page graphic organizers for kids to practice with. Use with any text.
* Comprehension Check – one page for students to draw what they understand from a sentence. This supports envisioning, vocabulary, and reinforces unit skills.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.