Fundations® Unit 13 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts that can support unit 13 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit works on the final suffix s and es and the rules for each use. It also includes work on unit trick words, scooping, comprehension, marking up, and multi-syllabic words. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes…
* Roll and Write Trick Words - two game boards with unit trick words and review words.
* Explain It – one activity pages for students to explain in their own words what the word plural means and to give examples. Great for higher level students (answer key included).
* Write and Draw the Plural – two pages for students to add the correct plural suffix and then draw an example of the word. This helps students reinforce the rules and demonstrate vocabulary (answer keys included).
* Sorts - one sort with pictures of plural groups and students sort words with an s versus es suffix. One sort determining if words are one or two syllables (answer keys included).
* Circle the Spelling - two pages for students to work on identifying the spelling that looks right using the suffixes and taught spelling rules (answer key included).
* There versus their – one page for students to practice when to use each of these words given the context (answer key included).
* Basework/Suffix – two pages for students to practice identifying the baseword and suffix in a set of words (answer key included).
* Mark It Up - one worksheet with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - three practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer key included).
* Story Elements graphic organizer mini charts for teachers – characters, setting, and main events. One set includes greater picture/definition supports. I laminate mine and use them again and again to support Common Core Reading Literature Standards 2 and 3.
* Story Elements single page graphic organizers for kids to practice with. Use with any text.
* Comprehension Check – one page for students to draw what they understand from a sentence. This supports envisioning, vocabulary, and reinforces unit skills.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.