Fundations® Unit 14 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts that can support unit 14 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit reviews many of the concepts taught throughout units 1-13. It includes work on unit trick words, scooping, comprehension, marking up, and multi-syllabic words. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, with sub plans, as homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes…
* Roll and Write Trick Words - one game board with unit trick words and an optional sentence writing page to be copied onto the back of the board for early finishers.
* Spell the Picture - one page spelling a mixed review set of words to show understanding of unit 1 patterns (answer key included).
* Word Puzzles - one page matching a word bank of words to a series of statements (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Explain It – one activity page for students to explain in their own words what makes a word a closed syllable and one page that has students explain what a compound word is and give examples. Great for higher level students (answer keys included).
* Add the Suffix - one page for students to add the correct suffix (s or es) to a baseword in a given sentence. This helps students reinforce the rules (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Sorts - one sort with pictures of words with short versus long vowel sounds. One sort determining words that are actions versus words that are plural (answer keys included).
* Word Bank Sort - one page for students to break words in a word bank up into groups of trick words, tapping words, or nonsense words (answer key included).
* Word Segmenting - one page breaking words up into their segment parts (see thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Number of Syllables - students identify the number of syllables (up to 3) in a set of words and underline syllable parts (answer key included).
* Basework/Suffix – two pages for students to practice identifying the baseword and suffix in a set of words (answer keys included).
* Mark It Up - one worksheet with practice marking up word parts (answer keys included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - This set of flash cards are unit words that are short vowel and vowel-consonant-e words. For example, tap, tape, Tim, time, etc. You can use these to grow student vocabulary or practice reading fluency. You might also laminate the cards and use them in the word of the day work or as quick read flash cards at the end of the unit.
* Scoop It - one activity page practicing scooping sentence parts for fluency (answer key included).
* Trick Word Practice Sheets - two practice pages completing sentences based off of context and seeing the shapes of each new trick word (answer keys included).
* Story Elements graphic organizer mini charts for teachers – characters, setting, and main events. One set includes greater picture/definition supports. I laminate mine and use them again and again to support Common Core Reading Literature Standards 2 and 3.
* Story Elements single page graphic organizers for kids to practice with. This can be used with any text.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page to easily find my other units including units for level 2. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.