Fundations® Unit 2 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and handouts that can support unit 2 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit introduces tapping cvc words with a lot of emphasis on the short vowels. It also introduces scooping, story elements, trick words, and nonsense words. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes...
* 3 activities sheets for tapping words. Answer keys are included.
* 1 activity sheet for segmenting words and showing comprehension through drawing.
* 3 different sorts with answer keys. 1 sort of all 5 short vowels and 2 sorts for vowels that students often need extra practice with (short e vs. short i), (short o vs. short u). Thumbnail preview has a sample answer key to the 5 vowel sort.
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - 57 cards with cvc words on them. All of these words are verbs and are helpful to grow student vocabulary. You might also laminate the cards and use them in the word of the day work or as quick read flash cards at the end of the unit.
* 1 activity sheet practicing reading/tapping real words vs. nonsense words and showing comprehension of real words through drawing.
* 3 activity sheets choosing the sounds of a set of words when given a choice for the beginning, middle, and end sounds (see thumbnail example).
* 2 worksheets practicing the middle short vowel sounds in a set of cvc words when given a picture.
* 1 activity sheet for completing sentences with unit trick words (answer key included). Help kids practice reading, context clues and trick word spelling all in one.
* Roll and Write Game for practicing unit trick words.
* Roll and Write Game for practicing short vowels. (Sample game included for demo)
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences.
* Short vowel (cvc) reading lists - one page for each vowel full of cvc words. I use these for warm-ups, small group practice, reference. Also included is a reading list page that includes words for all 5 vowels.
* Story Elements Templates for Teaching - Character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). I laminate these and use dry erase marker on them for every unit of Fundations®. They are also great for simple story retelling in general.
* Story Elements Page for students - character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). These help students start to jot and organize their answers on paper.
You can also purchase units 1, 2, and 3 for level 1 Fundations support through my Tap It Out units at a discounted bundle price here:
Tap It Out Units 1-3 Discount Bundle (Level 1)
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I have products for units 1-13 of the level 1 Fundations program, as well as, most units for the level 2 program. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.