Fundations Level 2 Unit 2 compatible
This pack includes a variety of NO PREP activities to compliment the skills practiced in Fundations® Unit 2 of the level 2 (second edition) program. This product includes practice with concepts such as bonus letters, glued sounds (ang, ank, am, all, etc.), and other skills from the second unit of the level 2 program. Included are practice worksheets covering the review trick words, tapping word parts, marking up words, spelling words, scooping sentences, explaining concepts, word/picture sorts and activity sheets for building words.
I have used these as reinforcement, as well as, extension activities for both strugglers and high achievers. Please note that in the footer of each activity I have noted which week the activity can be used. For example, Level 2 Unit 2 week 2 should only be used during or after the second week of the unit. I hope this helps a bit with your planning.
This Unit 2 pack includes:
* 2 activity sheets for practicing marking up words. One of these includes marking up words and then identifying words with closed syllables. The other reviews marking up and identifying real versus nonsense words.
* 3 activity sheets tapping out the sounds of a word into separate parts. This includes glued sounds and bonus letter practice (Answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet practicing spelling words without the box/sound clues included. Mixed review of words with glued sounds and short vowels (See thumbnail example - answer key included).
* Verb vocabulary flash cards - Use these 21 cards to teach new verb vocabulary throughout the unit. Extra cards are included if you'd like to add more words. I use verb cards to practice marking up (laminate and use dry erase), to include in my word of the day cards for reading practice, and to teach new vocabulary to students at all levels.
* 2 activity sheets practicing the trick words from this unit. (See thumbnail example-answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet identifying the correct spelling of a given word against common spelling errors between vowel-n-k ending words and vowel c-k ending words (Answer key included).
* 1 practice sheet to practice identifying word parts by color (as used in Fundations® (Answer Key included).
* 2 activity sheets for identifying the number of taps in a given set of words - specifically practicing bonus letter and glued sound words (Answer keys included).
* 2 activity sheets called "Explain It" in which students have to explain in sentences the rules around a given word. This is a great challenge for high achievers.
* 3 pages of words with r-controlled vowels for reading practice. 2 pages are broken up into the ar/or of week 1 and the er/ir/ur of week 2. The last page includes all 5 r-controlled vowel word lists on one page.
* 2 Roll and Write Game boards for practicing new and review trick words covered in this unit.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences (answer key included).
You can also get this unit pack in a bundle with units 2 and 3 for a discounted price. Click here for the link:
Tap It Out Level 2 Units 1, 2, and 3 Bundle Pack
If you work with students in the level 1 Fundations® program you might also want to check out my store for units 1-13. They are my best sellers!
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it saves you some time! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.