Fundations® Unit 3 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This activity pack is full of worksheets, sorts, and printables that can support unit 3 of the level 1 Fundations word study program. This unit introduces tapping words with digraphs with short vowel words. This pack also includes work with scooping, story elements, trick words, nonsense words, comprehension, and statements versus questions. Use this pack for whole class, small group, center work, homework, or however you best see fit! It is a print and copy pack so there is little to no work for you!
This Tap It Out pack includes...
* 2 activity sheets for tapping words (answer keys are included).
* 2 activity sheets segmenting words and showing comprehension through drawing.
* 2 different sorts with answer keys. 1 sort of pictures with all 5 digraphs. 1 sort for students to identify statements versus questions (answer keys included for both).
* 2 pages of practice marking up words and coloring a set of cards yellow or pink depending on their type of sound (vowels, consonants, or digraphs (answer keys included).
* 1 activity sheet practicing reading/tapping real words vs. nonsense words and writing a sentence with a real word.
* 1 activity sheet circling the correct spelling of a word when given choices with common errors (answer key included).
* 2 activity sheets completing sentences with unit trick words (answer keys included). Help kids practice reading, context clues and trick word spelling all in one.
* 2 Roll and Write game boards for practicing unit trick words.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - This set of flash cards are unit words (all verbs) to grow student vocabulary or practice reading words. You might also laminate the cards and use them in the word of the day work or as quick read flash cards at the end of the unit.
* One page showing comprehension of a set of sentences through drawing.
* Story Elements Templates for Teaching - Character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). I laminate these and use dry erase marker on them for every unit of Fundations®. They are also great for simple story retelling in general.
* Story Elements Page for students - character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). These help students start to jot and organize their answers on paper.
You can also purchase units 1, 2, and 3 for level 1 Fundations support through my Tap It Out units at a discounted bundle price here:
Tap It Out Units 1-3 Discount Bundle (Level 1)
You can also buy the ENTIRE YEAR discounted bundle pack (all units 1-14 to support the Fundations program) here:
Tap It Out Level 1 Year Long Bundle
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I have products for units 1-13 of the level 1 Fundations program, as well as, most units for the level 2 program. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.