Fundations® Unit 3 level 2 compatible
This pack includes a variety of NO PREP activities to compliment the skills practiced in Fundations® Unit 3 of the level 2 (second edition) program. This pack includes practice with concepts such as closed syllable exceptions (such as old, ild, ost, etc.) and review of concepts covered in units 1 and 2.
Included are practice worksheets covering the review trick words, tapping word parts, marking up words, spelling words, scooping sentences, explaining concepts, word/picture sorts and activity sheets for building words. I have used these as reinforcement, as well as, extension activities for both strugglers and high achievers.
This Unit 3 pack includes:
* 1 activity sheet for practicing marking up words and identifying closed vowel exception words (answer key included).
* Verb vocabulary flash cards - Use these 11 cards to teach new verb vocabulary throughout the unit. I use verb cards to practice marking up (laminate and use dry erase), to include in my word of the day cards for reading practice, and to teach new vocabulary to students at all levels.
* 1 activity sheet practicing the trick words from this unit (answer key included).
* 2 sorts for students to practice identifying pictures with short vowel versus long vowel sounds and practicing closed vowel exception rules versus short vowel glued sounds (answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet for students to practice matching first sound and final glued sound endings to make real words (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* 1 activity sheet identifying the correct spelling of a given word against common spelling errors and/or overuse of spelling rules (answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet for identifying the number of taps in a given set of words (answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet putting words in a given word bank into specific groups (answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet called "Explain It" in which students have to explain in sentences the rules around a given word. This is a great challenge for high achievers.
* 3 pages of words with vowel teams for reading practice. These cover the long vowel patterns ai, ee, ey, ay, ea, oi, oy.
* 3 Roll and Write Game boards for practicing new and review trick words covered in this unit. These three boards allow for some flexibility. One board includes the current unit trick words with the three words from unit 2. Another board practice the unit 3 words and allows space for you to fill in the three more words that your students need practice with. The third board leaves three spaces for the students to write in the trick words that they feel they need to practice.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences (answer key included).
You can also get this unit pack in a bundle with units 2 and 3 for a discounted price. Click here for the link:
Tap It Out Level 2 Units 1, 2, and 3 Bundle Pack
If you work with students in the level 1 Fundations® program you might also want to check out my store for units 1-13. They are my best sellers!
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it saves you some time! Please consider following my page as I post for future units. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.