Fundations® Unit 4 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
This pack includes a variety of activities to support the skills practiced in Fundations® Unit 4 of the level 1 (second edition) program. I have created these exercises to support student understanding of the "bonus letters" introduced, as well as, reinforce the skills from units 1-3. The worksheets are just print and go so there is little to no prep for you and there are answer keys provided.
These worksheets cover the trick words, marking up words, tapping words, scooping sentences, showing comprehension and real vs. nonsense words. I have used these as reinforcement and as extension activities for both strugglers and high achievers. Please use them however your students need!
The pack includes:
* 1 activity sheet for tapping/spelling words with a bonus letter. (Answer key included).
* 2 activity sheets practicing tapping out a variety of words and then naming the number of tapping parts in each word. Answer keys are included. (See thumbnail for an example).
* A student sorting activity identifying trick words vs. tap out words. (See thumbnail example of the answer key).
* Circle the spelling - students identify the correct spelling when given three choices which include common errors. Great practice for identifying the bonus letter rule (answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet practicing reading/tapping real words vs. nonsense words and practice with sentence writing.
* 2 activity sheets for completing sentences with unit trick words (answer keys included). Help kids practice reading, context clues and trick word spelling all in one. These pages also include mystery letter boxes to help struggling students "see" the word shapes.
* 2 Roll and Write Gameboards for practicing unit trick words.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - This set of flash cards are unit words (all verbs) to grow student vocabulary or practice reading words. You might also laminate the cards and use them in the word of the day work or as quick read flash cards at the end of the unit.
* 3 activity sheets to practice marking up words. Students will practice marking up the short vowels, bonus letters, digraphs and glued 'all' sound in week 2. These sheets also reinforce identifying word parts through coloring the cards. Answer keys included. One sheet reinforces week 1 skills (bonus letters) in sentences and the other two sheets reinforce week 2 skills ('all') and bonus letters. (See thumbnail for an example).
* 1 comprehension activity sheet for students to practice reading and showing comprehension through drawing what they envision.
* Story Elements Templates for Teaching - Character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). I laminate these and use dry erase marker on them for every unit of Fundations®. They are also great for simple story retelling.
* Story Elements Page for students - character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). These help students start to jot and organize their answers on paper.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I have products for units 1-13 of the level 1 Fundations program, as well as, most units for the level 2 program. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.