Fundations® Unit 5 level 1 compatible
Activities to support the second edition Fundations® program
Here are a wealth of activities to support the skills practiced in Fundations® Unit 5 of the level 1 (second edition) program. I have created these exercises to support student understanding of the glued sounds ‘am’ and ‘an’ introduced in Unit 5, as well as, review the instruction from Units 1-4. Like my other unit packs, included here are practice worksheets covering the trick words, marking up words, tapping words, scooping sentences, grammar practice and building words. I have used these as both reinforcement and extension activities for strugglers and high achievers. Since Unit 5 is a one week unit and students are expected to do less tapping after Unit 5, I have included a special review Jeopardy game, to assess student understanding of a range of skills in a fun and engaging way. You can play the Fundations® Jeopardy game whole class or in small groups. It is also perfect to leave for a sub to play with your class as it includes an answer key and directions.
This pack includes:
This pack includes:
* 1 activity sheet for tapping/spelling words with glued sounds (answer key is included-see thumbnail example).
* 1 activity sheet practicing tapping out a variety of words and then naming the number of tapping parts in each word (answer key is included).
* A student sorting activity identifying trick words vs. tap out words (answer key is included).
* A student sorting activity with pictures for the am, an, and all glued sounds (answer key is included).
* 1 activity sheet for completing sentences with unit trick words (answer key is included). Help kids practice reading, context clues and trick word spelling all in one. These pages also include mystery letter boxes to help struggling students "see" the word shapes.
* 1 Roll and Write Gameboard for practicing unit trick words.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing scooping sentences (answer key included).
* 1 activity sheet to practice marking up words. Students will practice marking up the short vowels, bonus letters, digraphs and glued sounds. These sheets also reinforce identifying word parts through coloring the cards (answer key is included).
* 1 activity sheet for building real words with initial sounds and glued sound endings (answer key is included).
* Circle the spelling - students identify the correct spelling when given three choices which include common errors. Great practice for identifying the bonus letter rule (answer key included).
* Verb Vocabulary Cards - This set of flash cards are unit words (all verbs) to grow student vocabulary or practice reading words. You might also laminate the cards and use them in the word of the day work or as quick read flash cards at the end of the unit.
* 1 activity sheet for practicing the use of do versus does. Perfect for ELL learners or for homework review (answer key included - see thumbnail example).
* Story Elements Templates for Teaching - Character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). I laminate these and use dry erase marker on them for every unit of Fundations. They are also great for simple story retelling.
* Story Elements Page for students - character, setting and main events to go with the unit story (2 versions - with picture support and with picture/definition support). These help students start to jot and organize their answers on paper.
* Fundations® Jeopardy (as mentioned above) with 25 question cards (see color thumbnail above) of varying difficulty to be played whole class or in small groups. The set also includes a blank card for each color/value card so that you can add in questions to review skills that your specific students need. This will help get your students talking about their knowledge and reviewing units 1-5 without even realizing it.
I hope that this support pack will help your students in a variety of ways. More than anything I hope it helps you!
Please consider leaving feedback on this product. It will get you credit towards more products on Teachers Pay Teachers. Better yet it can get you some of my future Tap It Out units for free!
Please consider following my page as I have products for units 1-13 of the level 1 Fundations program, as well as, most units for the level 2 program completed. If you have any questions or concerns about this product please send me a message and I will do my best to make things right.
Please note: This product is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading System®, Fundations®, Just Words®, and Wilson Fluency® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.