Target Tags (and Timed Tests): Subtraction Facts
Some call them Brag Tags, but I prefer “Target Tags”, because in my classroom, we talk a lot about setting goals and working towards learning targets. One of the most important math targets is becoming fluent with basic math facts. My system is easy to do, and students will want to practice at home so that they can pass the weekly Timed Test and earn their next tag!
You will receive:
• 13 target tags, (in both color and a less-ink version), one for each number 0-10, and 2 additional tags to award as students meet their individual goals. Because 25 Target Tags fit on a page, one sheet of cardstock will be enough for most classes.
• Individual number timed tests for 0-10: (4 versions of each test so that students do not just memorize the order of the answers). These tests are meant to be given weekly and have 20 facts to do in one minute, or whatever time fits your standards.
• 4 versions of the 100-fact test, up to 10+10 (I give this test monthly.)
• Class Record-Keeping Sheet
• Student Graph Page to keep track of scores on monthly 100 fact tests
• Choice of 3 signs to hang with your Target Tag display
• Student Name or Number badges to put with each student’s Target Tags
In my classroom, every Friday students take the 1-minute timed test for whatever number they are working on. If they score a 100%, they earn the Target Tag for that number and the next week they move on to the next number. If they miss any, they stay at that number and practice more. Once a month I give the 100 fact test, which is mixed facts. I allow 5 minutes to complete. They track their progress over time on the included graph and pass when they can do at least 95/100 in 5 minutes.
I use Target Tags for a variety of academic and social targets. My students are very motivated by them, and they are a low-cost and easy reward. Just print, cut, and hole punch! Laminating is nice, but not necessary.
Click to See All of My Target Tag Sets!
Titles of Target Tag Sets:
Target Tag Brag Tags: Character Education
Target Tags: Homework
Target Tags Brag Tags: Editable Set 1
Target Tags Brag Tags: Editable Set 2
Target Tag Brag Tags: Editable Bundle
Target Tags: Classroom Tags Set 1
Target Tags: Classroom Tags Set 2
Target Tag Brag Tags: Classroom Bundle
Target Tags: 40-Book Challenge
Target Tags: 100-Book Challenge
for students in grades K-2 who are reading mainly picture books. This set does not include genres.
Target Tag Brag Tags: A.R. Points
Target Tags (and Timed Tests): Addition
Target Tags Brag Tags: Addition Facts Tags Only Version
Target Tags Brag Tags (and Timed Tests): Subtraction Facts
Target Tag Brag Tags: Subtraction Facts Tags Only Version
Target Tags (and Timed Tests): Multiplication Facts
Target Tag Brag Tags: Multiplication Facts Tags Only Version
Target Tags (and Timed Tests): Division
Target Tag Brag Tags: Division Facts Tags Only Version
Target Tags Brag Tags: Kindergarten Math Targets
Target Tags Brag Tags: First Grade Math Targets
Target Tag Brag Tags: First Grade Math Bundle
Target Tags Brag Tags: Second Grade Math Targets
Target Tag Brag Tags: Second Grade Math Bundle
Target Tag Brag Tags: Third Grade Math Targets
Target Tag Freebies:
Target Tag Brag Tags FREEBIE: Birthday Boy or Girl
Target Tag Brag Tags FREEBIE: "O-fish-ally" a ___ Grader!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near my logo on any page within my store and click it to become a follower.
You will then be notified when I post new products!