My students LOVE this activity!
A GREAT end of the year or prior to vacation activity to engage students in Spanish.
A student's job is to match people for dating based on various attributes.
This Word document activity can range from 1 to 3 hours.
This 4 page packet includes:
- a sample of what a written and/or spoken dialogue could look like.
- vocabulary that helps students understand dating terms.
- phrases that students can use for justifying a match.
- descriptions of 14 people of various ages to help students make matches.
- vocabulary related to age, physical descriptions, previous marriage, work status, personal interests, and statements from daters as to what they look for in romantic relationships.
- Two post-matchmaking paragraph writing activities that have students write about their personal preferences for romantic dates (one paragraph to describe themselves, the other to describe what they look for in potential dates).
The process: I ask students to pair up. They are to select matches. Then another pair of matchmakers or another person can write if they agree with your matches, and why or why not.
I encourage students to write on this document (unless you have them download it on their own), and I ask students to write out their dialogues in their notebooks.
optional: I also will have an oral question and answer session with individual students, asking them about their match selections and reasoning (the actual reasons aren't so important, but them speaking Spanish is).
Enjoy! My students do!