United States Civil War – Main Idea Task Cards
3.17.14 Edited - 1. Additional response sheet with room for a single word answer (Ex. A - Cotton Gin) 2. Quiz version font reduced (which reduced the paper needed for copying) 3. Additional answer key to match response sheet
2.28.15 Edited - typos fixed (1964-1864) in questions 28 and 30. Please let me know if you see others.
This activity packet includes:
1. 32 Task cards
2. 8.5x11 quiz version
3. 8.5 x 14 quiz version (for reducing to 2 on a page)
4. Small Response cards (hint: glue it into the Civil War folder for a multi-day activity)
5. Answer key
6. Large response page - with room for the answer and a main idea
I made this for my third grade class to use with supports (extra time and partners). It is suitable for higher grades with less supports.
Variations include whole class review; teams rotating; partners scavenger hunt; literacy centers; and a quiz for absent/out of room students to review.
Thanks for checking out these Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
Your students may enjoy these complementing items from my Harriet Tubman and Civil War Units:
1. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary PowerPoint
2. Harriet Tubman Vocabulary Matching Quizzes
3. Harriet Tubman Word Wall Variations
4. Harriet Tubman Reading Test
5. Harriet Tubman Read Roll Graph
1. Civil War 4 Types of Sentences
2. Civil War Dictionary Game
3. Civil War Unit Folder
4. Civil War Main Idea Task Card and Scoot Game