These Common Core aligned task cards are to be used after you have taught students the uses of colons and semicolons. I have a lesson in my store titled “Colons and Semicolons: A Week of Bell Ringers” that you might like to use as your teach piece.
In this packet there are:
30 Task Cards
Bonus Card that you can use or not. Your choice. It asks students to correctly rewrite cards #9-16.
Print the task cards on cardstock or regular paper, cut them apart, and laminate them if you can.
Six ways to use the task cards:
1. Set cards and the answer sheet at a literacy station.
2. Let partners work together with one set of cards.
3. Put the task cards at a work station set up for students who finish other assignments early and need something to do.
4. Have a whole-class game show type review using the task cards. Split the class in half. You be the moderator and draw a task card from the stack. Let each side of the class take turns answering the question.
5. Give task cards to students who are struggling with the concept for extra practice.
6. Let the class play Scoot. (Place a card on each student’s desk. Give them 10-20 seconds to write the answer on the answer sheet. Say Scoot! Have them move to the next desk.)
There are many other uses for the task cards so have fun deciding how you will use them.