I created these to help my students recognize and use common factoring techniques of polynomials.
I created 40 task cards that reinforce 8 common factoring techniques of polynomials:
1. Greatest Common Factor
2. Difference of Perfect Squares
3. Difference of Cubes
4. Sum of Cubes
5. Perfect square Trinomials over Addition
6. Perfect square Trinomials over Subtraction
7. General Trinomials – Reverse Box Method
Here is how I implement this activity (directions included in the PPT)…
• Print, laminate and cut out the task cards (40 cards total – 5 cards per factoring technique – SEE KEY).
• Print out the student answer sheets (double –sided).
• Each student gets one student answer sheet.
• Either post each of the task cards around the room for the students to use as a gallery walk or pass out one card to each student.
– If you pass out one card to each student, give the students time to share their cards with each other.
• The objective is to have the students fill out their answer document by:
– Viewing the task cards (assigned – your choice),
– Identify which factoring technique should be used to factor the polynomial on the card,
– Factor the polynomial correctly,
– Record their answers on the student answer sheet.
– Communicate with other students collaboratively.
– Share out the results of their work.
Have a great time.
If you like this product, you might also like the following. Check out these links.
Task Cards - Lines and Linear Equations
Task Cards - Properties of Exponents
Task Cards - Systems of Linear Equations
Task Cards - Inequalities and Absolute Value Equations
Task Cards - Arithmetic Sequences and Series
Task Cards - Conic Sections: Discovering a Parabola
Task Cards - Exponential Expressions and Equations
Task Cards - Rational Expressions and Equations
Task Cards: Conic Sections - Ellipses
Task Cards: Conic Sections - Hyperbola
Task Cards: Conic Sections - Parabolas