This activity is part of these two bundles:
• Dividing Polynomials Bundle
• Algebra II - Polynomial Functions UNIT All in one resources BUNDLE
These 24 task cards
are designed to emphasize Dividing Polynomials using Long and Synthetic Division
. There are many models
examined in the first 12
- Dividing Polynomials by Monomial
- Dividing Polynomials by Binomials where:
• Divisor has leading coefficient of 1 or others
• Dividend has all the powers or missing some
• The expressions may/may not be written in standard form
• The quotient may/may not have a remainder
The remaining 12
task cards assess the following concepts:
• Use the Factor theorem and synthetic division to determine if the given binomial is a factor
• Use the Remainder Theorem and synthetic division to find the value of the function at a given input
• Use either synthetic division or long division to find the area of the base of a rectangular prism
Task cards could be used all together
or by choosing only the ones discussing a particular concept to be enforced.
No task card depends on another one. The cards could be used as a review of dividing polynomials. They could be used in stations, in pair share, in cooperative learning, as exit tickets, as entrance tickets, as to do now, ... etc.
The answer key is provided
at the end with a student answer recording form as well if you desire to use.
the attached quick preview
of the product to give you an idea about the type of questions assessed in this activity.
☺Would love to hear your feedback☺.
Please don't forget to come back and rate this product when you have a chance. You will also earn TPT credits. Enjoy and I ☺thank you☺
for visiting my ☺Never Give Up On Math☺