This Task Card Set is full of learning tools and strategies for teaching Common Core Literature Units and higher level Reading Strategies! Use these in combination with ANY Reading Unit or Literature Study. Task Cards have graphic organizers that include D&C Icons to prompt students towards higher level thinking, reading, and learning.
This is a MUST HAVE for any ELA Common Core and/or GATE Literacy Teacher!
Includes 7 COMMON CORE Aligned Task Cards/Maps:
* The CCSS is listed on the bottom of each page!
- Making Inferences
- Summarize Key Ideas
- Analyze Individuals/Events/Ideas
- Interpretation of Words/Phrases
- Compare/contrast Themes/Topics
- Text Structure Analysis
- Point of View/Purpose Shapes Text Styles
Also Included: A HOW TO USE page with Common Core teaching suggestions!
- Making Inferences (Multi-Flow Map: Cause and Effect) (DC: Details, Patterns, Multiple Perspectives, Unanswered Questions, and Big Idea)
- Summarize Key Ideas (FLEE Map (Tree Map + Flow Map): Identify key details in Beginning, Middle, End) (DC: Details, Patterns, Big Idea)
- Analyze Individuals/Events/Ideas (Multi-Flee Map: (Tree Map + Flow Map + Multi-Flow Map) for changes in Cause and Effect) (DC: Big Idea, Change Over Time, Details)
- Interpretation of Words/Phrases (Circle Map: Brainstorm and analyze everything about Vocabulary Word or phrase) (DC: Language of the Discipline, Patterns, Multiple Perspectives, Rules, and Big Idea)
- Point of View/Purpose Shapes Text Styles (TRICKLE Map: (Tree Map + Circle Map) (DC: Big Idea, Details, Unanswered Questions, Ethics, and Patterns)
- Text Style Shaped by Point of View/Purpose: (One-Sided FLUBBLE Map (One-Sided Flow Map + Bubble Map) (DC: Details, Multiple Perspectives, Patterns)
- Compare and Contrast Themes or Topics (Double Bubble Map: Compare and Contrast) (DC: Patterns, Details, Multiple Perspectives, and Big Idea)
Search Key Terms:
GATE Literature Study | GATE Common Core Literature | GATE Novel Study | Literature Unit | GATE ELA Unit | Author Study | Reading Response Log | Literature Response | Literature Unit for GATE Students | Gifted And Talented Educators | GATE | GATE Unit | Common Core GATE Unit | Common Core Aligned | Common Core Literature Study | Reading Comprehension Common Core | Novel Study Common Core | Depth and Complexity Literature Unit | Thinking Map Task Cards | Thinking Task Cards | Task Cards for Thinking | Reading Comprehension Task Cards | Reading Club Task Cards | Task Card Set | Literature Circles | Depth and Complexity Literature Circles | Task Card with Icons | D and C Icons | GATE Icons | Depth and Complexity Reading Unit | Task Cards | Literature Unit Task Cards | Task Cards with Depth and Complexity | Depth and Complexity Icons | Prompts of Depth and Complexity | Depth and Complexity Prompts | Graphic Organizer Task Cards | Depth of Knowledge | Higher Level Reading Groups | Purposeful Teaching Tools