Products in this Bundle (4)
TASK CARDS for BETTER WRITING - BUNDLE: Sentence Fragments, Run-On Sentences, Verb Tense Consistency, Repetitive Wording
These are all 4 sets of my Task Cards for Better Writing bundled together for a 20% savings. See improvement in your students’ writing with these inviting task cards as station work or small group intensive practice. Now includes a DIGITAL version great for distance learning or 1:1 classrooms.
The task cards facilitate thinking and discussion as students use consistent verb tense and eliminate repetitive wording, run-ons, and fragments.
80 task cards in all! Student response logs and full answer keys are included.
The DIGITAL version offers colorful slides that allow students to type their responses into text boxes.
To access the DIGITAL version of this resource, you will find:
--a PDF in each zip file with the digital links for all parts of the resource
--directions for uploading the resources and using them with students
With both print-and-go AND digital versions, you'll be equipped for all teaching situations!
1. “SENTENCE FRAGMENTS” TASK CARDS SET – 20 task cards with writing examples that contain sentence fragments, plus 2 matching blank task cards
2. “VERB TENSE CONSISTENCY” TASK CARDS SET – 20 task cards with writing examples that contain problems with verb tense consistency, plus 2 matching blank task cards
3. “RUN-ON SENTENCES” TASK CARDS SET – 20 task cards with writing examples that contain run-on sentences, plus 2 matching blank task cards
4. “REPETITIVE WORDING” TASK CARDS SET – 20 task cards with writing examples that contain repetitive wording, plus 2 matching blank task cards
5. CONCEPT REVIEW HANDOUTS for Group or Station – 4 colorful, attractively-designed pages that can be laminated and used with the task cards, one for each task card set. Each main concept is demonstrated and examples are given, along with student directions for working with the task cards.
6. FOUR RESPONSE LOGS for STUDENT RESPONSES – A two-page log for student answers is provided for each of the 4 task card sets.
7. ANSWER KEY – A full answer key is provided for the 80 tasks.
8. DIGITAL LINKS - A separate PDF document titled "Digital-Links-Directions" contains the digital links for each of the four task card sets. Be sure you are logged in to the Google account where you want to house the resource before clicking a link.
8. TEACHER GUIDELINES – Some helpful tips for using this product are outlined, including Common Core alignment and ideas for differentiation.
I use these task cards at stations during writing workshop, and they have made a huge difference in the quality of my students’ sentences! Please open the PREVIEW.
NOTE: These task cards are also sold in individual sets. You may not want to purchase this bundle if you have purchased other sets of these Task Cards.
You may also like:
---Yes! Join my list to receive Teaching Tips, New Product Updates, and FREEBIES from Joy