Use these Task Cards to:
- Begin the study of poetry. These cards support the analysis of 3 great Robert Frost poems:
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
- The Road Not Taken
- Engage students in poetry without the hurdle of knowing poetic devices/ techniques / terms (this comes later with an online quizzing activity)
- Quickly get to the core elements of poetry (Sounds, Imagery and Structure)
- Encourage close reading and initial interpretations.
- Allow students to work in pairs, groups, individually or as a class. Answer cards are provided to increase students appreciation and competence!
- Help students ENJOY poetry!
Please read a short blog post I wrote on Task Cards in general and these in particular.
I am continuing to create Task Cards on specific poets, schools and styles of poetry, so let me know who you'd like cards made for! I'm working on Emily Dickinson and Shakespeare's sonnets. Who else?