Task Cards for Reading 3 Robert Frost Poems
9th - 12th
Use these Task Cards to:
- Begin the study of poetry. These cards support the analysis of 3 great Robert Frost poems:
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
- The Road Not Taken
- Engage students in poetry without the hurdle of knowing poetic devices/ techniques / terms (this comes later with an online quizzing activity)
- Quickly get to the core elements of poetry (Sounds, Imagery and Structure)
- Encourage close reading and initial interpretations.
- Allow students to work in pairs, groups, individually or as a class. Answer cards are provided to increase students appreciation and competence!
- Help students ENJOY poetry!
Please read a short blog post I wrote on Task Cards in general and these in particular.
I am continuing to create Task Cards on specific poets, schools and styles of poetry, so let me know who you'd like cards made for! I'm working on Emily Dickinson and Shakespeare's sonnets. Who else?
Report this resource to TPT
Reported resources will be reviewed by our team. Report this resource to let us know if this resource violates TPT’s content guidelines.
to see state-specific standards (only available in the US).
Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
Read and comprehend complex literary and informational texts independently and proficiently.