Also included in
- These 14 sets of reading task cards (448 task cards!) in both print and digital (for Google Classroom™ and other educational platforms) will help your students practice a variety of important reading strategies including Cause and Effect (2 sets), Character Traits, Inferences Using Literature (2 set$30.00$40.75Save $10.75
These 32 Theme Task Cards in both print and digital for Google Classroom™ will help your 4th and 5th grade students practice the important reading strategy of finding the theme using literature. Each task card has a short original story and asks students to identify the common theme that is shown. The passages included are ones that your students will enjoy.
This set includes: (Print and Digital)
32 Task Cards
Teacher Notes for Digital with the Link and Step by Step Instructions for Making an Assignment in Google Classroom™
***PLEASE NOTE: This task card set is also included in my very complete print and digital Themes in Literature Unit for 4th - 5th grades. It also includes passages, graphic organizers, and theme posters.
Why you'll love this resource:
- The task cards give your students concentrated practice with theme, so students get multiple opportunities to identify the theme in one time frame.
- The digital format is NO prep and is self-grading to save you time.
- Task cards seem less overwhelming than longer passages for many students.
- The task cards have a variety of themes, which will help to increase their vocabulary.
- Students view task cards as more of a game, which makes them fun!
- It's easy to turn the cards into an actual game by adding a tic-tac-toe on a whiteboard or a board game.
- The task cards may be used in a number of ways, from reading centers, to whole class, one on one, test prep, SCOOT, exit slip, and more!!!
Want more theme materials? I also have two digital reading units for Theme that have completely original content. These paperless units are created for Google Slides™ with moveable drag and drop pieces. They also work in OneNote if you open the Google Slides™ file as a PowerPoint. Students really love these!
If you're looking for reading games that focus on theme, here are two that are also included in a 10 Reading Games Bundle or a 20 Reading Games Bundle:
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or for one homeschool parent teaching his/her child. If you would like to share with others, please purchase additional licenses.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.