Are you tired of using handouts? Are you looking for a good way to differentiate? Have you tried using task cards? Task Cards are a great teaching tool that can be used in a variety of ways.
1) Put all the cards on a ring and give each student (or group) a set of cards.
2) Leave the cards loose and give different students (or groups) different cards depending upon their level.
3) Give students a choice (Pick 44 out of the 48 cards to complete by the end of the novel.)
There are 48 cards all together in this task card set and an additional 4 blank cards for you to write in any prompts you'd like to add to the set.
You can have students respond to every card, have them pick a certain amount of cards or assign the cards to students depending upon their level.
The cards can be used for:
Do Now Activities/Bell Ringers
I would print out the task cards on card stock and laminate them so you can use them every time you teach the novel.
Please download the preview and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
These task cards are now available in digital format listed here:
Digital Task Cards for The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (Google Drive Edition)
These task cards are included in my unit for the novel The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold listed here:
Activities and Handouts for The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
These task cards are also included in my task cards bundle listed here:
ELA Task Cards Bundle
Other Products for The Lovely Bones:
• Activities and Handouts for The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
• Assessment Bundle for the novel The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
• Characterization Webs for the novel The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
• Digital Task Cards for The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold (Google Drive Edition)
• The Lovely Bones Character Chart
• The Lovely Bones Essay Topics
• The Lovely Bones Serial Killer Research Paper
• The Lovely Bones Unit Test